Master 1997 - Nigel S Nichols FRICS, FCIArb was born in 1941 in London. Educated at Mill Hill School, he entered the surveying profession and qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 1963. He joined the firm of G L Hearn in 1967 and in 1997 was senior partner and group chairman.
Nigel entered the Livery in 1957 and was apprenticed to Past Master Murray Johnson. In 1982 his father, Ronald Nichols, was elected Master of the Company and nominated Nigel to join the Court.
Nigel married his wife, Fiona, in 1970. They had two daughters and lived in Brookmans Park, Hertfordshire. Apart from his work and livery duties Nigel enjoyed tennis, ski-ing and travelling. He was a member of the City Livery Club and the United Ward Club.