The 2002 Master Kenneth Frederick Blundell was born on 30th October 1943 in the family Hampstead home built by his grandfather in 1906. He was educated at University College School, Hampstead. On leaving school he immediately entered the family firm of J. Blundell & Sons Ltd., Bullion Dealers and Refiners, as his father was then 71 years old. The firm was established in 1839 by his great grandfather, John Blundell, after he had met and married Harriet Mary Hearn, whose parents' gold refining business was in Hatton Garden. There was no room in their business for John and on his marriage he set up home in a freehold property in Dean Street, Soho, where he traded from an out-building, as it was the stipulated one-mile distance from his father-in-law's business. In 1890, on the death of John Blundell, his eldest son John purchased the plot, now numbered 199 Wardour Street and built the present premises on the land. Ken was Chairman and Managing Director of the firm, which produced gold, silver, and platinum sheet and wires for the manufacturing jewellers until it was sold at the end of 2003 on his retirement.
In 1965 Ken married Lesley and they went on to have two sons, John and Neill, and a daughter, Louisa, as well as six grandchildren. Both sons became Liverymen and were apprenticed to Past Master Norman Harding. Ken joined the Livery in 1979 and was admitted to the Court in 1987. In 1983 the Company exercised its ancient and historic right to perform a Search of J. Blundell & Sons premises and awarded them their Charter of Excellence. This ceremony had not been performed for more than 120 years.
Ken was a keen tennis and squash player and for ten years was a match secretary for the UCS Old Boys. He was also a Past President and life member of his local Tennis, Squash and Bowls Club. Ken was a Past Worshipful Master of the GSWD Lodge of Love & Friendship after which he became its Charity Steward for 11 years. This he followed by becoming its Almoner.